These nibbles can be stored in an airtight container for up to 2 weeks. The chilli powder gives a bit of a bite to the nuts, therefore it is probably advisable to warn your guests
Maple Spiced Nuts, Good Housekeeping
Preparation time: 5 minutes,
Cooking time: approx. 15 mins Serves: 12
1 tbsp sunflower oil
2 tsp English mustard powder
2 tsp garam masala
½-1 tsp mild chilli powder
250 g (9 oz) mixed unsalted nuts
100 g (3½
oz) macadamia nuts
2 tbsp maple syrup
1. Preheat the oven to 200°C (180°C fan), gas mark
6. Pour the oil into a small roasting tin and heat in the oven for 5 min.
2. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, mix together the mustard powder, garam masala, chilli powder, some freshly
ground black pepper and salt.
3. Add the nuts to the hot oil. Sprinkle over the spice mix and drizzle with maple syrup. Mix to coat. Roast for 10 min until golden,
4. Empty nuts onto a baking tray and leave to cool completely before serving.